Monday, June 1, 2009

Viva Music Life!


Hi Everybody!

I am going to now try to re-activate my almost daily music writing blog. I'm going to do it here, and make "Music Life" take the place of "The Ron Kane Files" (and the "20th Century Music" blog before it). I may re-format the page, to see if I can get more entries to appear - not sure yet.

I may post a Playlist or "Yard List" every now and again - as those two things sometimes very accurately describe my own "Music Life". Also, I will try to not write everything so far in advance that I lose interest in it before I post it.

It was a crazy weekend - I went to the Buena Park (record collector) swap meet last Sunday (i.e. yesterday). I bought a bunch of $2-$4 LP's, and a bunch of bags / boxes from Far West Record Supply. Heaven!

Swap meet list:

CROCKER, BARRY – SOUND OF MUSIC, SPIN AUS LP the guy who plays Barry McKenzie in the Barry Humphries movies

DEE, KIKI – LOVING & FREE, ROCKET UK LP real UK original, with Elton John

HENDERSON, JOE / PIANO & ORCH. – HITS, HITS HITS!, FONTANA US LP EZ hits bait, looks to be a US pressing, but of British origin

LINDISFARNENICELY OUT OF TUNE, ELEKTRA US LP promo, swank die-cut cover

LOCKWOOD, DIDIER – SURYA, INNER CITY US LP jazz violinist

NEUTRONS – BLACK HOLE STAR, U.A. UK LP cover's a bit beat up, but aren't they all?

NEW SEEKERS – WE'D LIKE TO TEACH THE WORLD TO SING, POLYDOR UK LP incl a Roy Wood cover version

PAPAS, IRENE – SONGS OF THEODORAKIS, RCA INT'L UK LP same woman made an LP with Vangelis - years later

SAD CAFÉ – FANX TA'RA, RCA UK LP original UK issue, with insert - a great latter day prog album

SHAW, SANDIE – s/t, PYE NL LP collection, Dutch orig 60's LP "Boek + Plat" (i.e. record club issue)

TATTERSALL, RICHIE – SONGS OF, U.A. UK LP 70's UK production music

THEODORAKIS, MIKIS – CONCERT 4, EMI PATHE FR LP 60's recordings by the influential Greek composer

THEODORAKIS, MIKIS – No. 4, OLYMPIC GR LP an original Greek pressing of his (over-all) 4th album - but I can't date it accurately


So, for today, that's what's going on in my "Music Life" - I re-launch my blog, and tell you when I got last weekend.


Please always feel free to comment, or leave 'requests' in the "Comments" section. I read 'em all.


- Ron


Picture is the cover of "Music Life" - the Japanese music magazine, July, 1963 - Connie Francis




No comments: