Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Motorhead


6-24-09 Motorhead


Things have been sort of noisy here this week, so today I’ll do Motorhead!


12" ACE OF SPADES BRONZE UK BROX 106

CD5 ACE OF SPADES WGAF UK CDWGAF 101

LP ACE OF SPADES BRONZE UK BRON 531

CD ACE OF SPADES (kami sleeve) BMG JPN BVCM-37962

12" BEER DRINKERS BIG BEAT UK SWT 61

CD BOMBER (kami sleeve) BMG JPN BVCM-37961

CD EAT THE RICH (V.A. - O.S.T.) FILMTRAX MOMENTCD 108

12" GOLDEN YEARS - LIVE E.P. BRONZE UK 12BRO 92

CD IRON FIST (kami sleeve) BMG JPN BVCM-37964

CD5 LEAVING HERE / WHITE LINE FEVER RECEIVER RRSCD 1009

12" MOTORHEAD CHISWICK UK S 13

CD MOTORHEAD (1st) ROADRACER RRD 9357

12" MOTORSCHOOL BRONZE JPN VIP-5910

LP OVERKILL BRONZE DE 200.435

CD OVERKILL (kami sleeve) BMG JPN BVCM-37960

10" ST. VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE (w/Girlschool) BRONZE UK BROX 116

LPx2 ST. VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE pirate PIRATE JPN MH 81


I’ve seen ‘em live, I have autographs by the ‘classic 3-piece’ line-up. I like this band! I’ve even read Lemmy’s autobiography. You probably already know he was – at one time – the bass player for Hawkwind, who I wrote about yesterday. When I lived in England, I realized that Hawkwind were sort of a British “Grateful Dead” – their fans follow them around in a similar fashion to ‘Dead fans. Motorhead fans are not entirely dissimilar.


Not too long ago, I got Japanese paper sleeve CD’s (aka kami sleeves) for the 4 x Bronze label Motorhead albums that I like best. They were expensive, but it caught up all of the B-sides – with a few alternate takes thrown in for good measure. I can make a killer Motorhead collection from these 4 x CD’s (“Ace Of Spades”, “Bomber”, “Overkill” and “Iron Fist”).


The Japanese 2LP bootleg “St. Valentine’s Day Massacre” is a real oddity – I remember it was quite pricey when I got it 25+ years ago. It’s some very good quality live material from both Motorhead and Girlschool, the group to whom they were always ‘linked’. Girlschool actually deserve their own individual blog, and as soon as I get any new Girlschool pieces, I’ll see to it.


No comments: