Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mute Records - Visible Evidence


6-9-10


Mute Records – “Visible Evidence”


Exhibit 1 – Visible Evidence (58m)


ERASURE – Star

NITZER EBB – Fun To Be Had

RENEGADE SOUND WAVE – Biting My Nails

BARRY ADAMSON – The Man With The Golden Arm

CRIME & THE CITY SOLUTION – I Have The Gun

DEPECHE MODE – World In My Eyes

FORTRAN 5 – Love Baby

NICK CAVE – The Weeping Song

FRANK TOVEY – The Liberty Tree

INSPIRAL CARPETS – Caravan

CRIME & THE CITY SOLUTION – The Dolphins and The Sharks

MIRANDA SEX GARDEN – Gush Forth My Tears

NITZER EBB – Family Man

EASY – He Brings The Honey

Exhibit 2 – Visible Evidence (41m)


MIRANDA SEX GARDEN – Amarylis

BARRY ADAMSON / ANITA LANE – These Boots Are Made For Walking

ERASURE – Chorus

FORTRAN 5 – Groove

NITZER EBB – I Give To You

WIR – So and Slow It Grows

FORTRAN 5 – Heart On The Line

THE ASSEMBLY – Never Never


This is the detailing of 2 x 1992 stereo Japanese laser discs that I own of music video by Mute Records artists. Of these artists, I am very OK with Barry Adamson, Crime & The City Solution and Wire (aka Wir). I find the linking parts very interesting, where all of the releases on Mute Records are displayed, even the titles not featured in the music videos – such as Boyd Rice and Diamanda Galas. And not much on these 2 volumes for Depeche Mode fans, I’m afraid – apart from the fact that they appear on “Exhibit 1” for one song.


I recently watched both of these laser discs, dubbing them onto DVD-R for a friend of mine (and regular reader of this blog). Pretty good stuff. Great sound.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to those Adamson clips since I've never seen them! I've seen most of the others here and there.

Ron Kane said...

Soon come, Jim-san.

Brian Ware said...

Speaking of laser disc dubs, the Genesis discs arrived the day before our Pacific Northwest trip. Many thanks! I'll dig in when we get home.